Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank God for the Canadian Example

Erik, wow, yes, dentistry is a key measure of social health. In the past, I have taught in one of the poorest counties in Ontario, Canada, Wiarton District High School. Fully a third of our students of a student body of 300 came from three nearby Indian reservations. Anyway, the absence of dental care hit you "right between the eyes" as a measure of the economic health of the area. During the Great Depression folks did not know there was a Depression! Nothing changed for them! Yes, your humble servant here is ardent about proper care for all - without bankruptcy. Canada's single-pay system works. I lived in Ontario for eight years. You cannot tell me otherwise. Recently, I told one of my old teaching friends in Ontario by email that yes thank God for Canada. It is living proof of what fairness is and how it works.

No comments: